Sunday, March 24, 2013

Meehoo~ Shel Silverstein



The Meehoo with an Exactlywatt by Shel Silverstein

Knock knock!
Who's there?
Me!
Me who?

That's right!
What's right?
Meehoo!
That's what I want to know!

What's what you want to know?
Me, WHO?
Yes, exactly!
Exactly what?
Yes, I have an Exactlywatt on a chain!

Exactly what on a chain?
Yes!
Yes what?
No, Exactlywatt!

That's what I want to know!
I told you - Exactlywatt!
Exactly WHAT?
Yes!
Yes what?

Yes, it's with me!
What's with you?
Exactlywatt - that's what's with me.
Me who?
Yes!

GO AWAY!

Knock knock...
 
One of my favorite poems by Shel Silverstein ever. This one has stuck with me over the years. I read the books to my younger sister.  I usually read her books whether for school book reports or for pleasure, we bonded over books. This poem was our favorite. We laughed so much at it. Such simple comedy gave us much amusement. I had to share this.

No comments:

Post a Comment